Macon Volunteer Clinic’s services include:
Housing: Assistance in finding immediate shelter and long-term housing
● Salvation Army of Central Georgia – Emergency shelter, short-term shelter, and intake for long-term supportive housing. Call 478-746-8572 or go in person Monday-Friday between 9am and 4pm to 1925 Broadway, Macon, GA 31206.● Rescue Mission can assist with emergency housing, rehabilitation services, meals and clothing and are located at 6601 Zebulon Road, Macon, GA 31201 and can be reached at 478-743-5445.
Housing: Assistance in addressing housing issues like rent, eviction, and landlord problems
● Family Advancement Ministries can provide assistance paying a past due utility bill (electric, gas or water) with a disconnect notice or rental assistance only with an eviction notice or letter from landlord of pending eviction. They can be reached at 478-745-7165 (they do not accept walk-ins).
Food Access: Options for finding affordable food
● Middle Georgia Food Bank can refer you to their nearest food pantry for food assistance. You can contact the Food Bank at 478-742-3958.● Loaves & Fishes offers groceries (every Monday at 11am to first 60 people) to families as well as sack lunches (available every Tuesday at noon) to those with food insecurity. They are located at 651 Martin Luther King Blvd., Macon, GA 31201 and can be reached at 478-741-1007.● Day Break can assist with a hot morning meal, safe place to relax during the day, and access to resources to help individuals move from homelessness to a life of hope and dignity. They are located at 174 Walnut Street, Macon, GA 31201 and can be reached at 478-216-9119.
Domestic Violence: Options for people experiencing violence
● Crisis Line & Safe House offers escape and safety planning, legal advocacy, emergency safe shelter, support groups and much more. They can be contacted 24 hours a day at 478-745-9292 or you can visit their website at cl-sh.org.● Rescue Mission has a domestic violence and recovery program for women in need. They are located at 6601 Zebulon Road, Macon, GA 31201 and can be reached at 478-743-5445.
Mental Health: Therapy and counseling services
● Mercer Family Therapy Center: Provides high quality counseling services to those families, couples, and individuals that need it. Fees are determined on a sliding-fee scale, based on income and household size. They can be contacted at 478-301-5970.● River Edge: Offers mental illness recovery, substance use disorder recovery, and intellectual and developmental disabilities support. They can be reached at 478-803-7600.
Macon Volunteer Clinic has additional resources for these and other needs. Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns and we will be happy to provide you with information. You can also visit www.helpmacon.org for a list of additional references.